Sunday, September 18, 2011

Hello everybody, and welcome back to another episode of the "Cory Teaches You How to do Something Show"!!! Please hold your applause until the end of the show. On this weeks show, I(Cory Costanza) am going to teach you how to do something. Yes yes i know, it is so fulfilling when you learn something and believe me im just as fulfilled to teach you. Now, first i must think of what i can do this blog on because i dont remember doing anything this week except taking tests and quizzes. Now i know your thinking, "Gee Cory, dont you have your advanced math binder with all your stuff from the week in it?". To answer that question, NOO I DO NOT!!!! I left it in my locker so im going to have to wing it on this weeks episode. HMMMMMMM, how about we learn about "FINDING ALL SIX TRIG FUNCTIONS" since i remember that being on the test this week.

I will not write the steps out this week, i will explain each step instead as I am going.

Ex: Given point (4,3. Find all six trig functions



  1. First you would draw your triangle in the first quadrant.

  2. Next, you need to find the hypotenuse value of the triangle. Do this by using the pythagorean theorem. 4^2 + 3^2=c^2

  3. After you solve for c, you should get c=5

  4. Now you know that x=4 y=3 and r= 5

  5. Now it is just a matter of plugging these numbers into the trig functions

  6. sin= y/r=3/5

  7. cos=x/r=4/5

  8. tan=y/x=3/4

  9. csc=r/y=5/3

  10. sec=r/x=5/4

  11. cot=x/y=4/3

Well there you have it folks, I taught you how to do something else. Boy ol Boy i cant wait till next weekend to teach you something else. I may have to start charging for all these free tutoring lessons. Anywho, thats all for this weeks edition of the "Cory Teaches You How to do Something Show".

2 comments:

  1. I feel that you need a theme song for this blog..... You can insert sound files and whatnot :)

    ReplyDelete