Sunday, January 1, 2012

Reference angles!!!

Soo today I'm going to talk about how to find reference angles! I don't have my binder so I'm going to wing it. last night was new years eve and I'm not feeling to swell so I'm going to make this a short blog. anyway there is this thing called the unit circle and its in the shape of a circle. It begins on the right side with 0 degrees then goes up to 90 degrees. Next it goes to the left side with 180 degrees then to the bottom with 270 and back to the right at 0 degrees which is also 360 degrees. in order to find a reference angle you can add or subtract 180 but the new angle has to be between 0 and 90. Soo if you got an angle that is 180 you subtract 180 and your new angle is 0 degrees. You can also do it with negative angles. So if you have -120 degrees you add 180 and will end up 60 degrees. You can also do it with radians but my brain isn't up to the job at this time of day.

1 comment: