Sunday, December 18, 2011

Converting Radians and Degrees

So this week we didn't learn anything new. So I am going to review how to convert radians to degrees and degrees to radians. I can't remember if I did these types of problems or not. So, I am just going to explain it again. It is really easy so it isn't going to take that long to explain it! So here it is.
There are a few easy steps you need to know when working these problems.
  • To convert from radians to degrees you would use the formula, radians x 180/Pi
  • To convert from degrees to radians you would use the formula, degrees x Pi/180

Note: All formulas require radians and radians are the preferred way to measure angles.

Now I am going to work a few examples for you.

Example 1: convert 315 degrees to radians

  • 315 x Pi/180=7 Pi/4

Example 2: convert -3 Pi/2 to degrees

  • -3 Pi/2 x 180/Pi=270 degrees

And it is as easy as that! So that is it for this week. BYEEE

--Halie

No comments:

Post a Comment